Friday, 25 March 2016
20 Minute Baked Fish
10 oz fish filet (Red Snapper, Basa etc)
Seasoning of choice (I use Grace Caribbean Fish Seasoning but any other can be used)
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2 green onions, cut in half and the bottom end crushed with a flat knife
5 sprigs of thyme
1 teaspoon butter
1 tablespoon white cooking wine
1 tablespoon Extra Virgin olive oil
1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced
2 florets of cauliflower, cut into small pieces
A few drops of Sriracha pepper sauce, if desired but Tomato Ketchup can be substituted.
A square of aluminum foil or parchment paper that is large enough to hold all the ingredients
1. Dry the fish fillet with a paper towel, and cut in half to fit the baking sheet or pan you are using. A 8"x 8" works well.
2. Season both sides of the fillet well.
3. Place 1 half of the fish in the foil, and put the sliced garlic, green onions and thyme on top of this. Place the second fillet on top of this (like you are making a sandwich).
4. Top with the butter, and add the olive oil, and cooking wine. Place the cut vegetables around this "sandwich".
6. Remove from oven and carefully open the foil to avoid being scalded by the escaping steam. Plate and enjoy